It's right for you if...
You like an understated kind of cool. Understated like a pipe wrench. You appreciate quality design and want a cruiser that is more than a piece of art, but a nice ride as well.
The tech you get
The Straight 8 8i features a hydroformed aluminum tank. It is equipped with a Shimano internal 8-speed rear hub with coaster brake and mechanical disc front brake. It rolls on 24" x 3" Fatti-O tires that are equipped with super sweet eight ball valve caps.
The final word
At first glance the Straight 8 may look like a standard cruiser. Take a closer look. You'll notice the details and start to understand how much time and attention goes into designing a bike that seems simple but evokes plenty of attitude. This bike answers the question, "What are you looking at?"
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Iconic. Popular. Beloved. The Straight 8 has stood the test of time as one Electra's best-selling Attitude Cruisers.
- The hydroformed frame looks tough, has elegant lines and provides the comfort of Flat Foot Technology®.
- Red spokes provide a pop of color and surprise to this subtle stunner.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 8-speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedaling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
- Electra hydroformed 6061-T6 aluminum, Flat Foot Technology
- High-tensile steel uni-crown, straight/tapered blade, disc mount
- Front hub
- Alloy disc compatible 36H
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus 8 speed w/coaster 36H
- Electra Custom alloy anodized Decaled 36H
- Electra Fatti-O 24x3.0"
- SRAM I-Motion 8 speed twist
- Electra Custom alloy 3-piece 170mm, Custom alloy 44T chainring
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- SRAM 22T
- KMC 410 nickel plated
- Alloy platform
- Electra Custom low profile w/double coil springs
- Classic alloy pillar 27.2x300mm
- Electra Flat Track
- Electra Custom
- Alloy 4 bolt BMX 22.2mm direct mount
- Head set
- 1 1/8" Threadless
- Brake set
- Mechanical disc front brake, coaster rear brake w/adjustable-reach alloy levers
- Matching painted stubby rear fender, checked rims, red spokes
- 17.27 kg / 38 lbs