It's right for you if...
You like an understated kind of cool. Understated like a pipe wrench. You appreciate quality design and want a cruiser that is more than a piece of art, but a nice ride as well.
The tech you get
The Straight 8 8i features a hydroformed aluminium tank. It is equipped with a Shimano internal 8-speed rear hub with coaster brake and mechanical disc front brake. It rolls on 24" x 3" Fatti-O tyres that are equipped with super sweet eight ball valve caps.
The final word
At first glance the Straight 8 may look like a standard cruiser. Take a closer look. You'll notice the details and start to understand how much time and attention goes into designing a bike that seems simple but evokes plenty of attitude. This bike answers the question, 'What are you looking at?'
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Iconic. Popular. Beloved. The Straight 8 has stood the test of time as one Electra's best-selling Attitude Cruisers.
- The hydroformed frame looks tough, has elegant lines and provides the comfort of Flat Foot Technology®.
- Red spokes provide a pop of colour and surprise to this subtle stunner.
You might also like
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 8-speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedaling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
- 6061-T6 aluminium w/hydroformed top tube and patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Steel unicrown straight blade
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange w/6-bolt disc, 36h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus internal 8-speed w/coaster brake 36h
- Painted alloy
- Electra Fatti-O 24x3.0"
- Shimano Revo 8-speed twist w/optical gear display
- Electra custom alloy 3-piece w/44t steel chainring
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- KMC S1 nickel plated
- Alloy platform
- Electra low profile w/double-coil springs
- Classic alloy pillar
- Electra attitude
- Electra custom
- Threadless 4-bolt
- Head set
- 1 1/8" steel threadless
- Brake set
- Front: Mechanical disc, rear: Shimano coaster brake
- Stainless steel and anti-rust hardware, chequer rear rim, 8-ball valve caps, painted chain guard
- 17.27 kg / 38 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & Tech
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
157.5 - 188.0 cm
5'2.0" - 6'2.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|