It's right for you if...
Whether you ride every day or are just looking to get out and ride more, the best-selling Townie Go! 8i will help go farther, go faster and go funner. And it happens to be the best-selling e-bike in the U.S. Remove boundaries and enhance your lifestyle with the Townie Go! 8i.
The tech you get
Powered by the Bosch Active System with 250w mid-frame motor and 4 mode levels of support - Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo - no hill or distance will stand in your way. Multi-gear functionality lets you control output and battery life while Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes allow you to stop on a dime.
The final word
The Townie Go! 8i offers the best smileage in its class and features Electra's Flat Foot Technology®, which provides absolute comfort and control. Studies show that e-bike riders ride three times more often and three times longer than traditional bike riders. So what are you waiting for? Get out and Go!
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It gets you outside more, and we could all use a little more outside time.
- The PowerPack 400 battery and 2 AMP charger charges quick for little downtime.
- Changing gears is intuitive and easy so you can focus on the fun.
- The 26" puncture-resistant Schwalbe balloon tires are comfy and smooth.
- Color-matched fenders keep you clean while front and rear LED lighting keep you safe.
- Aluminum rear rack helps carry everything you need, because you'll be riding for awhile!
Ergonomic Saddle & Grips
In addition to the pedals, the saddle and grips are the only places you come in direct contact with your bike. Your comfort is our number one priority.
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 8-speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedaling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Internal Cable Routing
Who wants to see a bunch of wires and cables hanging off of your bike? This isn't the back of your TV we're talking about. That's why we've concealed all of your wires and cables inside the bike's frame.
Bosch PowerPack 400
The premium Bosch lithium-ion battery features 400 Wh and a guaranteed long lifespan. It charges to 50% in 1.5 hours and completely charges in 3.5 hours. The battery is also easy to remove and take with you for off-bike charging so you'll be ready to roll at a moment's notice.
Balance and efficiency are the name of the game. That's why we placed the motor on the bottom bracket in between the pedals, providing ultimate stability and control with a lower center of gravity while riding.
Bosch Purion Display
Do it all with the touch of a button, or two. The Bosch Purion display keeps tabs on your speed and battery charge, and lets you choose your power support level from Eco to Turbo while keeping your hands safely on the handlebars.
Equipped, or "EQ" as we say at Electra, simply means your ride comes with some sweet added benefits. Color-matched fenders keep you clean and dry while front and rear LED lights help you see and be seen.
Bosch Active Line
The small and compact Bosch Active Line 250-watt motor provides added support with pedal-assisted speeds up to 20 mph (25 km/h). Four power levels from Eco to Turbo, and a center-mounted motor with a low center of gravity, make for easy handling and fun riding all around town.
These Kevlar® Guard puncture-resistant tires absorb impact and ensure a smooth ride across any terrain. You never know what the road, boardwalk, alley or trail has in store, and these tires let you roll faster and farther without the worry of getting a flat.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange w/center lock disc brake 36h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal w/center lock disc brake 36h
- Painted anodized alloy 26" × 36h
- Schwalbe Fat Frank 26x2.35” Balloon w/puncture-resistant Kevlar® Guard casing
- Shimano Nexus 8-speed twist w/optical display
- FSA forged alloy 170mm, Bosch type, 38T FSA chainring
- Shimano 20T
- KMC Z1EHX nickel plated
- Alloy platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Butted alloy micro-adjust 27.2 x 400 mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Ergo-shaped hand-stitched leatherette
- Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80mm extension
- Head set
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Brake set
- Front/rear: Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
- Bosch PowerPack 400 includes 2 AMP charger
- Bosch Purion computer display unit
- Bosch Active Line 250 watts
- Front light
- Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Spanninga LED
- Bosch Purion computer display unit, Spanninga front and rear LED lighting, ABUS frame lock, reflective battery decal, painted fenders and rear racks, internal cable routing, painted rims, alloy double leg kickstand, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 24.9 kg / 54 lbs