It's right for you if...
You want the power and fun of an e-bike along with the comfort of Electra's patented Flat Foot Technology®. The Townie Go! 8D is a solid choice for those who want to go further, faster and funner on this uncomplicated, economical ride.
The tech you get
The Townie Go! 8D features a quiet Bosch Active Line Gen 3 250W motor with a top assisted speed of 20 mph, complete with the Purion display. An 8-speed derailleur drivetrain provides a solid gearing range while the mechanical front and rear disc brakes and balloon tires allow for a smooth, safe ride.
The final word
The Townie® Go! 8D offers the best smileage in its class. This low maintenance e-bike is intuitive, easy to use and packs enough juice to get you where you need to go without breaking a sweat. There's no doubt that the Townie Go! 8D will become an integral part of your lifestyle.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This ride is streamlined and ready for customizations. Add a rack, basket or bell to make it your own.
- Ready? Set. Go! The PowerPack 400 battery and 2 AMP charger allows for quick and easy charging.
- Bosch's Active motor is super quiet and provides the perfect amount of assistance.
- 26" balloon tires provide an amazing, cushy ride.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Bosch Active Line
The small and compact Bosch Active Line 250-watt motor provides added support with pedal-assisted speeds up to 20 mph (25 km/h). Four power levels from Eco to Turbo, and a center-mounted motor with a low center of gravity, make for easy handling and fun riding all around town.
Bosch PowerPack 400
The premium Bosch lithium-ion battery features 400 Wh and a guaranteed long lifespan. It charges to 50% in 1.5 hours and completely charges in 3.5 hours. The battery is also easy to remove and take with you for off-bike charging so you'll be ready to roll at a moment's notice.
Bosch Purion Display
Do it all with the touch of a button, or two. The Bosch Purion display keeps tabs on your speed and battery charge, and lets you choose your power support level from Eco to Turbo while keeping your hands safely on the handlebars.
Derailleur Gear System
Derailleur or "D" refers to an external shifting mechanism. It consists of a chain, multiple precision sprockets and a derailleur to "derail" the chain from one sprocket to another. It allows for quick transitions and more gearing options. Just remember to pedal while shifting and you're good to go!
Ergonomic Saddle & Grips
In addition to the pedals, the saddle and grips are the only places you come in direct contact with your bike. Your comfort is our number one priority.
Internal Cable Routing
Who wants to see a bunch of wires and cables hanging off of your bike? This isn't the back of your TV we're talking about. That's why we've concealed all of your wires and cables inside the bike's frame.
Mechanical Disc Brakes
Disc brakes have superior stopping power. Controlled by a hand lever and cable, the brake pad gives a big, tight hug to the steel rotor located at the wheel's hub.
Balance and efficiency are the name of the game. That's why we placed the motor on the bottom bracket in between the pedals, providing ultimate stability and control with a lower center of gravity while riding.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange disc 36h
- Rear hub
- Alloy low-flange disc 36h
- Anodized alloy 26" × 36h
- 26x2.35” balloon
- Shimano Acera rapid fire plus
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney 8-speed
- FSA forged alloy 170mm, Bosch type, 38T FSA chainring
- Sram PG-820 11-32 8-speed
- KMC X 8.99 nickel plated
- Alloy platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy straight post 27.2 x 400 mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra hand-stitched leatherette
- Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80mm extension
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Front/rear: Tektro Mechanical disc brakes
- Bosch PowerPack 400, includes 2 AMP charger
- Bosch Purion computer display unit
- Bosch Active Line 250 watts
- Bosch Purion computer display unit, reflective battery decal, ring lock mounts, internal cable routing, alloy single leg kickstand, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 21.18 kg / 48 lbs