It's right for you if...
You like an understated kind of cool. Understated like a pipe wrench. You appreciate quality design and want a cruiser that is more than a piece of art, but a nice ride as well.
The tech you get
The Straight 8 8i features a hydroformed aluminum tank. It is equipped with a Shimano internal 8-speed rear hub with coaster brake and mechanical disc front brake. It rolls on 24" x 3" Fatti-O tires that are equipped with super sweet eight ball valve caps.
The final word
At first glance the Straight 8 may look like a standard cruiser. Take a closer look. You'll notice the details and start to understand how much time and attention goes into designing a bike that seems simple but evokes plenty of attitude. This bike answers the question, "What are you looking at?"
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Iconic. Popular. Beloved. The Straight 8 has stood the test of time as one Electra's best-selling Attitude Cruisers.
- The hydroformed frame looks tough, has elegant lines and provides the comfort of Flat Foot Technology®.
- Red spokes provide a pop of color and surprise to this subtle stunner.
You might also like
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 8-speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedaling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/hydroformed top tube and patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Steel unicrown straight blade
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange w/6-bolt disc, 36h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus internal 8-speed w/coaster brake 36h
- Painted alloy
- Electra Fatti-O 24x3.0"
- Shimano Revo 8-speed twist w/optical gear display
- Electra custom alloy 3-piece w/44t steel chainring
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- KMC S1 nickel plated
- Alloy platform
- Electra low profile w/double-coil springs
- Classic alloy pillar
- Electra attitude
- Electra custom
- Threadless 4-bolt
- 1 1/8" steel threadless
- Front: Mechanical disc, rear: Shimano coaster brake
- Stainless steel and anti-rust hardware, checker rear rim, 8-ball valve caps, painted chainguard
- 17.27 kg / 38 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & Tech
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
157.5 - 188.0 cm
5'2.0" - 6'2.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|