It's right for you if...
You want the power and fun of an e-bike along with the comfort of a Townie featuring Electra's patented Flat Foot Technology®. The Townie Go! 8D EQ is a solid choice for those who want to go farther, faster and funner on this easy-to-use ride.
The tech you get
The Townie Go! 8D EQ features a quiet Bosch Active Line Gen 3 250W motor with a top assisted speed of 20 mph, and is complete with the Purion display. An 8-speed derailleur provides a nice range of gears while the mechanical front and rear disc brakes, and balloon tires allow for a smooth ride. Color-matched fenders keep you clean in all weather conditions while front and rear lights keep you safe.
The final word
The Townie Go! 8D EQ is the perfect ride to get you around town in style. Run errands. Commute to work. Go to the store. With four modes of support from Eco to Turbo, there’s no wrong way to ride this pedal-assist e-bike.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The best-selling Townie paired with the legendary performance of Bosch motors delivers more smiles per mile.
- Ready? Set. Go! The PowerPack 400 battery and 2 AMP charger allows for quick and easy charging.
- Bosch's Active Line motor is super quiet and provides the perfect amount of assistance.
- 26" balloon tires provide an amazing, cushy ride.
- Color-matched fenders keep you clean while front and rear LED lighting keep you safe.
You might also like
Bosch Active Line Plus
Quiet. Smooth. Reliable. The Bosch Active Line Plus 250-watt motor gives you the confidence to charge up hills and go the distance while reaching assisted speeds up to 20 mph (25 km/h). Four power levels from Eco to Turbo ensure you'll have a blast riding around town or to the next town over.
Ergonomic Saddle & Grips
In addition to the pedals, the saddle and grips are the only places you come in direct contact with your bike. Your comfort is our number one priority.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Internal Cable Routing
Who wants to see a bunch of wires and cables hanging off of your bike? This isn't the back of your TV we're talking about. That's why we've concealed all of your wires and cables inside the bike's frame.
Bosch PowerPack 400
The premium Bosch lithium-ion battery features 400 Wh and a guaranteed long lifespan. It charges to 50% in 1.5 hours and completely charges in 3.5 hours. The battery is also easy to remove and take with you for off-bike charging so you'll be ready to roll at a moment's notice.
Balance and efficiency are the name of the game. That's why we placed the motor on the bottom bracket in between the pedals, providing ultimate stability and control with a lower center of gravity while riding.
Bosch Purion Display
Do it all with the touch of a button, or two. The Bosch Purion display keeps tabs on your speed and battery charge, and lets you choose your power support level from Eco to Turbo while keeping your hands safely on the handlebars.
Equipped, or "EQ" as we say at Electra, simply means your ride comes with some sweet added benefits. Color-matched fenders keep you clean and dry while front and rear LED lights help you see and be seen.
Our MIK compatible racks make it a piece of cake to secure any MIK accessory. Click it on . . . and you're off.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange disc 36h
- Rear hub
- Alloy low-flange w/6-bolt disc 36h
- Anodized alloy 26"×36h
- 26×2.35" balloon
- Shimano Acera Rapid Fire Plus
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX 8-speed
- Forged alloy 170mm, Bosch type, 38t FSA chainring
- Sram PG-820 11-32 8 speed
- KMC X8.99 nickel plated
- Resin platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy straight post 27.2x350mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra hand-stitched leatherette
- Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80mm extension
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Front/rear: Tektro mechanical disc brakes
- Rotor size
- Front: 180mm, rear: 160mm
- Bosch PowerPack 400, includes 2 AMP charger
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Active Line, 250 watts
- Front light
- Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Spanninga LED
- Reflective battery decal, ring lock mounts, painted chainguard, internal cable routing, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 22.5 kg / 49.5 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & Tech
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
160.0 - 190.5 cm
5'3.0" - 6'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|